Ice cream, like peanut butter, is one of those foods so perfect and delicious I could eat it straight from the container. No reason necessary. Yet, these mouth-watering creations from Top Chef All-Star, author and mom Antonia Lofaso, developed in partnership with Breyers to commemorate National Ice Cream Month, are enough to make even me want to step away from the frig and pull out the bowls and scooper.
Here are five desserts that are simple, but oh so good:
- Stars & Stripes Sundae: Breyers Natural Vanilla Ice Cream with Warm Strawberries and Blueberry Whipped Cream Topped with Crushed Pretzels
- Toasted Almond and Vanilla Arancini: Breyers Natural Vanilla Ice Cream, Toasted Almonds and Hazelnuts and Crushed Italian Amoretti Cookies.
- Pound Cake & Peaches Sundae: Breyers Natural Vanilla Ice Cream, Toasted Pound Cake, Peaches and Basil.
- Tropical Ice Cream Sandwich: Breyers Natural Vanilla Ice Cream, Grilled Pineapple and Toasted Coconut.
- Banana “Pudding”: Breyers Natural Vanilla Ice Cream, Bananas and Wafer Cookies.
If the thought of digging your spoon into warm strawberries with blueberry whipped cream hasn’t convinced you to run out and buy a pint, then perhaps this will: Breyers now sources milk and cream from farmers who do not treat their cows with artificial growth hormones and obtains 100 percent of its vanilla from Rainforest Alliance Certified and sustainably farmed sources across all of its offerings.
For more information go to Breyers.com.